E2 Investor Work Permit

E2 Investor Work Permit

The E2 Treaty Investor visa allows the investor to live and work in the US to direct and develop the business, and allows entry of Executive, Management and Essential skills employees. In larger businesses management and executive level employees may be sent to the US instead of the owners of the business. Employees that are also nationals of the same E2 visa Country as the investor may also qualify for an E2 visa. The E2 visa can continue to be extended indefinitely as long as the business continues in the US.

Unlike the H1B visa category, there is no quota for E2 visas. The investment necessary to qualify for E2 Treaty Investor status varies and there is no set minimum but generally we recommend approximately $100,000 to meet the requirement of a significant investment.

The investor needs to be a citizen of a treaty country to be eligible for the E2. For those who have made a significant investment in a US business in which the investor has at least a 50% ownership. The investment must be sufficient to provide employment for a number of people in the United States and must be in an active US business.


Request an Appointment



Business Hours

Monday to Friday
9:00 to 5:00 by appointment

The Law Society of Upper Canada
The Oklahoma Bar Association
Sports Professional Association
Lead Counsel Rated
Best Business of 2021